The Wesley Islington
A joint venture between the Methodist Church and The Wesley Hotel, proposes to construct a 140 bedroom ethical hotel and church situated in close proximity to the Emirates Stadium; it will replace the existing church and car park to fully realise the potential of the site for the benefit of the church. The Islington Mission is one of forty-one circuits in the London District of the Methodist Church. The principal area served is the Borough of Islington, north of Highbury Corner and the Borough of Camden around Camden Town and Kentish Town.
The Wesley was originally established in 1950 as Methodist International House and is rich in heritage. It is the legacy of Hilda Porter, a Methodist missionary, who opened student hostels offering safe and hospitable accommodation for international students in postwar Britain. Over the years The Wesley has supported and housed more than 10,000 students, relocating from Bayswater, West London, to Euston, Central London, in 1998, becoming the first social enterprise hotel in the UK and changing it's name to Methodist International Centre (better known as MIC Hotel & Conference Centre).
Rebranding to The Wesley in May 2013 to reflect their pride in its Christian & Methodist heritage together with its passion for providing modern ethical hotel accommodation. The Wesley brand is designed to offer a distinctively personal touch and socially aware ethos. The ethical and sustainable London Hotel of choice. The business supports international and domestic students studying in London and overseas within a multi-cultural, multi-faith environment.
With Manalo & White